Picking or cutting

If you are new to online forums or want to try posting before you submit for public consumption, use this forum. THIS IS FOR TEST MESSAGES ONLY. Practice here. Then once you are comfortable - please RE-POST in one of our other forums.

Moderators: Jane's Test, RLB, jo, anand -formerly jane, tashie, Spring Angel, Inga, Lauren, Heather, Mariam, Moderators

Mimine
Welcome New Member

Picking or cutting

Postby Mimine » Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:45 am

Since I can't gain access to any other forums or post a new topic, I'll just do it here.
I really need to share how I feel with somebody that will understand.
I'm a teen, but I feel like I've been living way longer. I'm tired and worn out. I can't seem to think while I'm writing this, so I apologize for any spelling mistakes or something that doesn't make sense.
I struggle with skin picking as you guys do, and I've been reading some topics before I decided to post something. I have to admit that I feel a little better after what I have read. Now I know that I'm not alone and I don't feel so weird or crazy anymore, as I did before.

In the start I picked my skin a lot with my fingers and nails, which led me to hide myself with hats, scarves or my hair. I didn't think much about it back then, because it wasn't so bad or so I thought.
December last year it only got worse. My skin got worse and so the picking got worse. Now to the weird part that I feel uncomfortable with. I found out that I should just cut my pimples away, so people would think I just had a scratch and not bad skin. For me that was a way better solution, than using my fingers to get them away, so I got blades to remove them with.
I have been doing that till now and it has only gotten so much worse. I look like I have been fighting with 10 cats. People at school also keep asking me what it is I have on my face, or if I got scratched by an animal, so now I don't feel like going to school anymore. It's so embarrassing for me to show my face to others now and I feel like shit every single day. I keep looking at my reflection in mirrors or my phone to seek out new pimples that I can cut away, so I don't have to worry about that one pimple anymore, because it's so terrible having one small pimple rather than a cut. I just don't know what to do. I really feel like giving up.

Return to “Test Messages”