Um, does anyone else pick the bottom of their feet?

This forum is especially helpful if you are a new user. Some of our most informative threads can be found here.
Dawn
Team SPOM! Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby Dawn » Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:32 am

That's a good idea. Out of sight, out of mind.

perfectlyimperfect
Welcome Team SPOM!

Postby perfectlyimperfect » Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:52 pm

biancasaul
Welcome New Member
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: feet picking

Postby biancasaul » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:11 pm

perfectlyimperfect
Welcome Team SPOM!

Postby perfectlyimperfect » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:22 pm

biancasaul
Welcome New Member

Postby biancasaul » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:30 am

perfectlyimperfect
Welcome Team SPOM!

Postby perfectlyimperfect » Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:34 pm

fern210
Team SPOM! Senior Member

Postby fern210 » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:14 pm

Ever since I been using that callus shaver on my heals, the dry skin comes back even worse in like 4 days. But I can't stop using it cause they are so dry and flakey. People say that putting a really thick moisturizer with cotton socks while u sleep help, I just want instant results though. Not much of a patient person. :roll:

StarWisher
Seasoned SPOM!

Postby StarWisher » Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:17 pm

cj

Postby cj » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:18 am

Starbright
Welcome Team SPOM!

Postby Starbright » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:52 pm

yes - head to soles

I have gone at a dry area of my sole with a scissors until I get to thin skin and then it bleeds and I am disgusted and sore and injured :x

I also pick at my face......... :cry:

I find regular delux pedicures help me not to pick my feet so often... 8-)

Also some nights I smother my feet with vaseline and put socks on (and cling film for a great cure) and it softens the skin a lot so I am less inclined to go after my feet when the 'tough/rough bits' are softened 8-)

Feet picking definately tends to be late at night so I guess advice not to get too tired (as in the 12 step) is something to note. Like all compulsions - if I am rested and healthy I am less like to engage in stress behaviour like picking....
Starbright

jess
Welcome Team SPOM!

Postby jess » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:47 pm

I am the one with a bad picking problem and it is just on my face, but my husband picks at his feet in a kind of mild way. When he does it I can't stand it. Even the sound, like if he files a callus or uses scissors or nail clippers... is as bad as nails on a chalkboard. It's like torture to me even though he never hurts himself the way I do when I pick. I always want to say STOP! Please stop! but I don't say anything because I feel like its the pot calling the kettle black and I don't want to lead into a discussion of my own picking.

tinydancer89
Team SPOM! Member

Postby tinydancer89 » Fri Sep 26, 2008 10:12 am

viole+
Work in Progress

Postby viole+ » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:01 am

i just picked the bottoms of my feet for the first time tonight.

it felt good.

i'm being bad.

hope this doesn't become a real problem. hopefully it was a one time thing.

hopefully.
The demon that you can swallow gives you it’s power, and the greater life’s pain, the greater life’s reply.
― Joseph Campbell

Libra
Fearless Leader!

Postby Libra » Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:02 am

I used to pick at my heals until there were deep, bloody spots that would hurt like a mo-fo for days. And, unfortunately, I have what I refer to as "hillbilly feet" - Thick, dry skin that sometimes cracks. I've been much better about it in recent years (don't know why). I still have hillbilly feet, but I usually get the pumice stone out after showering if they are really bad or if they are itching me. Ouch, I can remember how painful it could be, and then to have to walk on it.......
Make glad.....find the beauty in the broken (TBC)

LouiseJ
Welcome New Member

Postby LouiseJ » Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:33 pm

Eugh, i use to pick at my feet till they bled. It was so painful walking. I don't know how it started, I guess one day I decided it'd be a good idea to pull some skin off the bottom of my feet?
I've just kinda drifted away from it lately, I don't do it anymore. I've got thick horrible skin on my feet because of it though.

Return to “Best of S.P.O.M.”