Does anyone pick at body parts other than the face?

This forum is especially helpful if you are a new user. Some of our most informative threads can be found here.
Nikki
Team SPOM! Member

Postby Nikki » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:34 pm

Hi Damana, Welcome! The only callouses I pick at are on the outside of my thumb nails, it usually doesn't do much damage, but occasionally hurts! I do have a similar issue with a couple spots on my arms though, I started messing with this one spot on my arm years ago, as a stress coping action, and now there is a layer of scar tissue under the skin. Even when it's healed, it's still there. So when I start messing with it again, it doesn't take long before it gets torn off and becomes a sore again. A viscous cycle I know! Mostly my picking problems revolve around my face, but I have these other spots that for whatever reason I always go back to.
Anyway, coming to this site definitely helps and you will be able to find a lot of support if you keep at it. Start a journal in the journal section and others will stop by to say hi and offer advice.
Take care,
Nikki

neverenough
Welcome Team SPOM!

Postby neverenough » Sat May 19, 2012 6:07 am

pink socks
Welcome New Member

Areas for picking face, chest and legs.

Postby pink socks » Tue Feb 19, 2013 2:07 pm

Hi!

I have only just discovered this site and only just discovered that my problem is a real problem that other people have!

I knew there was something wrong but didn't know how to approach it. Well I have noticed everyone talks about picking, and I do pick but I would describe my thing as "squeezing". Anyway, I see that lots of you pick legs as well as face and other body parts. For me it began with the face around the age of twelve. I am now twenty three (almost) and have gone maybe two or three nights at the most since I was twelve without squeezing my face. About two years ago I noticed that my upper chest (near my collar bone) had one blackhead so then it moved slightly to the chest. Last year during the summer I noticed a long hair under my skin near my ankle, since then I have really squeezed my legs (as well as mainly face and a bit of chest). The leg thing is slightly different though because I am squeezing to remove ingrown hairs but I cannot stop myself and often until there is blood or a major hair pops out.

It's odd though because the thought of squeezing my arms seems ridiculous. In my head I think, why would I want to squeeze my arms. There's nothing there to squeeze. Does anybody else think that about an area that they don't squeeze?

H

Samaya
Team SPOM! Member

Postby Samaya » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:47 am

alexal
Welcome New Member

Postby alexal » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:47 pm

lonewolfrissy
Focus on the NOW

Re: Does anyone pick at body parts other than the face?

Postby lonewolfrissy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:39 am

Sadly, yes. Primarily my pubic (heat rash/razor burn) and legs... Oh my poor legs!!!! I can't even....

icandothis
Focus on the NOW

Postby icandothis » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:52 pm

Yes! I have moved to all different parts of my body: arms, legs, back - along spine, shoulders, neck, scalp, chest, and sometimes belly area.

reas
Focus on the NOW

Postby reas » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:07 pm

Besides my lips, I mainly pick at my hands. It affects almost every inch of the hand, except for the back of it. Even my palm will be ridden with patches of picked skin. I also pick at the bottom of my feet, since I do a lot of stuff on my feet, they get pretty peel-y often and it doesn't help me at all when I see it..

Mightbemeg
Focus on the NOW

Postby Mightbemeg » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:07 pm

Often. I've picked everywhere my fingers can reach, though mostly centered on my upper chest, face, and pubic area. I have tiny scars in the thousands littered over my body, but people are mostly oblivious. Ah, how it goes.

Queen of picking
Focus on the NOW

Postby Queen of picking » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:51 pm

Yes! I pick any where my fingers can reach too, but I pick my upper back extremely bad. Bc nobody can see my back when I have clothes on. I have so many scars from doing so. I have picked so bad that I've had to visit my local emergency room many times over! I pick until I have a huge hole or many holes in my back which resemble a cigarette burn,like somebody put a cigarette out on me. The hospital cleans my wounds, puts a big bandage over them and gives me a oral antibiotic. Then my boyfriend has to keep my scabs clean, etc. Its terrible! I hate it but I can't stop !

Queen of picking
Focus on the NOW

Re: body picking

Postby Queen of picking » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:57 pm

[quote="Jaderhiannon"]"I need to start ZT again because I've been letting myself pick lately."

What's ZT?[/quote]

Yes, what is ZT?

LTriche
Focus on the NOW

Postby LTriche » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:36 am

What is ZT? Just registered and am seeing this referenced. Thank you.

Mrsmorgan2012
Focus on the NOW

Postby Mrsmorgan2012 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 7:15 pm

I have picking my skin since I was a teenager. I'm now 35 I have felt so helpless I though I was the only one that picked them self. I tried everything to quit my arms, legs look horrible. I wear long sleeve and pants all the time.

Return to “Best of S.P.O.M.”